Welcome to "Nothing But The Truth"

There is a lot of confusion in the world regarding God's Truth, particularly concerning His laws, statutes, and judgements. This blog is dedicated to discerning the truth from lies.

I have added reading recommendations to my blog. Resources that are directly related to a post appear directly below the post. All resources appear in the lower left corner under "Minister Orr Recommends." To make it easier, you can link directly to Amazon to purchase the item. If not, I would definitely see if they are in the local library.

I have also linked all Scriptures to www.blueletterbible.org.

I pray that your mind will be opened and your spirit continually uplifted.

Peace,
Minister Orr


John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.


Saturday, February 6, 2010

What Have You Done For Me Lately?

Human beings have consistently tried to package God into a neat little box that everyone can immediately understand.  God will not fit into anyone's box.  We can study holy books our entire lives and still not understand Him completely.  It is well beyond our capacity of comprehension.  When Moses asked God what his name was (in Ex 3:13), God responded "I AM THAT I AM."  Basically, God told Moses "I exist..and that should be enough.  Now...go do what I asked you to do!"

E the poet-emcee's latest CD is called "If God Were a Woman."  After hearing him perform at The Eubie Blake Cultural Center for BE FREE Friday hosted by LOVE the poet, I immediately pictured God as Janet Jackson singing "What Have You Done For Me Lately?"  There are more similarities than one might think.  We may admire Him from afar.  We may even listen to His songs from time to time.  We might try to find His "real" house or become an obsessed fan. We might even spread lies and gossip about Him just to make ourselves look better.  But the question remains:  What have you done for Him lately, and more than that, how can you be sure it was for Him and not for your own selfish reasons?

When we pass from this earth and meet our Creator face-to-face, we will take with us two lists - one listing everything we did for Him and one listing everything else.  The one listing everything else will vaporize into nothingness.  As humans, we are easily distracted by things that don't really matter.  It takes discipline and dedication to remain focused on the ultimate goal.  It takes courage to fight the world every day and do what we know is right.  I've got my armor on (Eph 6:13-18), so I am prepared for anything!  I will do whatever God asks me to do, regardless of the consequences.  Can you say the same?

Until next post...
Eph 6:19-20  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.


SHARE ON: FACEBOOK

0 comments:



Post a Comment